- MGI Announces Price and Early Access Customer of MGISEQ-T7
- MGI Announces Milestone of 1,000 Sequencers Installed and Opens Early Access Program for Groundbreaking Ultra-High-Throughput Sequencer, MGISEQ-T7
- Three BGI Researchers Listed as Highly Cited Researchers
- China National GeneBank and Macquarie University Deepen Cooperation in Synthetic Biology
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highest Throughput Sequencer Brings Power of Choice to the Market
SAN JOSE, CA, January 9, 2019 – MGI, a subsidiary of global genomics leader BGI Group, announced pricing and its first early access customer for its groundbreaking ultra-high-throughput sequencer, MGISEQ-T7, saying it has driven down sequencing cost to $5 per gigabyte, with exceptionally high accuracy. Such innovations are helping more people to realize the benefits of genomic information.
"Every individual deserves a sequenced genome that is affordable and accurate," said MGI President Mr. Duncan Yu, presenting during the 37th annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference. "MGI's technical breakthroughs are making a genome for all possible, and bringing the power of choice to the market."
MGI also announced the MGI global sequencer user program to support collaborators to begin using the MGISEQ-T7. MGI has successfully signed up WeGene, one of the largest companies providing direct-to-consumer genetics testing in China, as the first user of MGISEQ-T7. Based on MGISEQ-T7, WeGene plans to promote applications of WGS in the DTC market. Using MGISEQ-T7, WeGene plans to complete more than 40,000 whole genomes sequenced this year and more than 120,000 whole genomes sequenced in 2020.
In October 2018, MGI launched the MGISEQ-T7, a highly flexible production-scale platform that is the most powerful sequencer to date. It can produce as many as 60 whole human genomes in one day. The instrument sells for $1 million.
MGISEQ-T7 enables simultaneous but independent operation of up to four flow cells, which means different applications such as single-cell RNA sequencing, whole exome sequencing and whole genome sequencing can be run in different flow cells at the same time. This helps to reduce costs, allowing MGI to offer the most competitive sequencing price in the market.
MGI also introduced two key technologies that help deliver even greater accuracy. MGI's DNBseq™ patented technology from BGI's Complete Genomics uses rolling circle replication and patterned array technology. Combined with our PCR-free sample preparation method, this total solution delivers more accurate sequencing data, with enhanced and stable performance.
Powered by DNBseq™, MGISEQ delivers quality data with accuracy for SNP and Indel calling rate of 99.9% and 99%, respectively, along with decreased duplication rate down to less than 2 percent, and almost zero Index misassignment rate.
MGI's single-tube long fragment read (stLFR) technology, which can generate short reads and long reads in one library in a single run, is a new method that delivers an even more accurate WGS, significantly reduces the cost and simplifies the process of preparing samples. The stLFR technology enables high-quality mutation detection, diploid genome phasing, structural variation analysis and other long-length applications.
In his presentation at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference, Mr. Yu also told the growth story of MGI. By the end of 2018, MGI had delivered over 1,000 sequencers to more than 250 users in 16 countries. It has grown to 800 employees and is building up sales support teams and centers across the world. MGI also has more than 240 patents granted globally. In the China market, MGI has six different sequencers licensed, and a market share of 35%. The MGI platform is gaining support around the world, with more than 135 publications using MGI sequencers and over 20 petabytes of data generated.
MGI Tech Co., Ltd. (MGI), a subsidiary of BGI Group, is committed to enabling effective and affordable healthcare solutions for all. Based on its proprietary technology, MGI produces sequencing devices, equipment, consumables and reagents to support life science research, medicine and healthcare. MGI’s multi-omics platforms include genetic sequencing, mass spectrometry and medical imaging. Providing real-time, comprehensive, life-long solutions, its mission is to develop and promote advanced life science tools for future healthcare.
About BGI Group
BGI was founded in 1999 with the vision of using genomics to benefit mankind and has since become one of the largest genomics organizations in the world. With a focus on research and applications in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, conservation and environmental fields, BGI has a proven track record of innovative, high profile research, which has generated more than 2,130 publications. BGI’s goal is to make state-of-the-art genomics highly accessible to the global research community and clinical markets by integrating the industry’s broadest array of leading technologies, including BGI's own sequencing platform, economies of scale, and expert bioinformatics resources. BGI also offers a wide portfolio of transformative genetic testing products across major diseases, enabling medical providers and patients worldwide to realize the promise of genomics-based diagnostics and personalized healthcare.