- MGI Announces Price and Early Access Customer of MGISEQ-T7
- MGI Announces Milestone of 1,000 Sequencers Installed and Opens Early Access Program for Groundbreaking Ultra-High-Throughput Sequencer, MGISEQ-T7
- Three BGI Researchers Listed as Highly Cited Researchers
- China National GeneBank and Macquarie University Deepen Cooperation in Synthetic Biology
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Santiago, Chile (December 13, 2013) – BGI-Health and University of Mayor jointly announced that they have entered a collaborative agreement on non-invasive fetal trisomy test, hereditary cancer genomic testing and monogenic disorder genomic testing. The collaboration marks BGI Health bringing the cutting-edge genomics technology to Chile and other South America region. Prof. Ming Qi from BGI Health attended the press conference.
BGI Health is a subsidiary unit of BGI and provides genomic testing of Chromosome diseases, Hereditary hearing loss, Monogenic disorder, Neonatal hereditary metabolic disease, Thalassemia, etc. Its goal is to use genomics technology to benefit people.
University of Mayor is located in Santiago, Chile. It’s a non-profit private university, and also Chile's first and only university with international standard authentication. The university has already established a genetic disease diagnosis and treatment center and has accumulated rich clinical experience. By combining with BGI’s high-throughput sequencing technologies and bioinformatics expertise, the collaboration will effectively benefit people in South America.
Prof. Alejandro Poli from University of Mayor said, "With BGI Health, we will provide patients with early diagnosis and proper treatment, which will greatly improve the life quality of patients and reduce the treatment cost.”
Dr. Hao Zhang, Director of BGI Health at Americas, stated, “We are pleased to form collaboration with University of Mayor. With our efforts, the collaboration will bring genomics technology into South America and significantly improve healthcare of local people.”