- MGI Announces Price and Early Access Customer of MGISEQ-T7
- MGI Announces Milestone of 1,000 Sequencers Installed and Opens Early Access Program for Groundbreaking Ultra-High-Throughput Sequencer, MGISEQ-T7
- Three BGI Researchers Listed as Highly Cited Researchers
- China National GeneBank and Macquarie University Deepen Cooperation in Synthetic Biology
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: email@example.com
Dr. Jian Wang, Chairman of BGI; Dr. Huanming Yang, Chairman of Board of Director, BGI; and Dr. Xun Xu, CEO of BGI were listed as highly cited researchers (HCR) in category of molecular biology and genetics in recently published list by Clarivate Analytics. The HCR 2018 list is compiled of more than 6,000 scientific elites from around the world whose citation records were among the top 1% of most-cited publications in their field over a decade.
Clarivate Analytics is the global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation with the web-based environment of scientific and scholarly research literature totaling over 33,000 journals. Clarivate Analytics uses Essential Science Indicators (ESI), an analytical tool that helps to identify top-performing research in Web of Science Core Collection.
Annette Thomas, CEO of the Scientific & Academic Research group explained: “The advancement of scientific endeavor represents a critical activity for individual research institutions and entire nations. The Highly Cited Researchers 2018 list helps to identify the researchers who are having the greatest impact on the research community as measured by the rate at which their work is being cited by others and that contributes so greatly to extending the frontier and gaining knowledge and innovations for society – contributions that make the world healthier, safer, richer, and more sustainable.”
Dr. Jian Wang, Dr. Huangming Yang, and Dr. Xun Xu selection in the list of HCR 2018 not only represents the high recognition of the world’s authoritative academic institutions on the contribution of BGI’s academic research in life sciences but also highlights BGI’s research strength and academic influence.
This year, many scientific research projects led or participated by BGI have been published in the top international academic journals. On August 17, BGI participated and completed the collaborative international research International Wheat Genome Sequencing Consortium (IWGSC), the result was published online in Science journal. On October 04, BGI published the world’s largest genomic study of Chinese population in academic journal Cell. On November 21, a paper of “The structure and function of the global citrus rhizosphere microbiome” was published in a Nature Communications journal, the research was completed in collaboration with the University of Florida and BGI-Research, which is by far the most widely sampling range study on rhizosphere microbiome.
As of August 1, 2018, BGI has published 2,550 papers, 2,104 of these papers have been included by SCI and 286 papers in the four leading international academic journals, Nature series, Science, Cell, and New England Journal of Medicine. In 2017, BGI ranked 12th among global enterprises with high-quality scientific research output from 2012 to 2016, in 2017 Nature Index. At the same time, BGI named among the top 50 global corporate institutions and ranked first in Chinese corporate institutions. The Natural Index also listed the most productive industry-academic partnerships, and the cooperation between BGI and Copenhagen University ranked fourth in the world.
BGI, as the global leading genomics organization, adheres to the mission of genomics technology for the benefit of mankind. BGI is committed to the integration of industry, education, research, and using gene technology for the benefit of to humanity. BGI leverage its genomics expertise in order to advance life science research and to improve human health and people’s livelihood under its vision of “Omics for All”.